The September event for our French Winophiles group centers around the region of Cahors. Here malbec is native (though it is called côt) with a history dating back to the 16th century. This email is an invitation to participate and/or mark your calendar for our Twitter chat on the topic of Cahors.
We will cover the who, what and where of the region with suggestions, pairings, travel inspiration and more. No one walks away from a Winophiles chat without a long list of new things to try!
HOW TO JOIN US
If you are a wine writer or blogger, this is your invitation to join in!
- Contact me to tell me you’re in: Include blog URL, Twitter handle, and any other social media details. If you know your blog post title, include that…but you can also send that a bit closer to the event. We’d just like to get a sense of who’s participating and give some shout-outs and links as we go. Contact me here.
- Send your post title to me by Sunday, September 9th to be included in the preview post. I will prepare a preview post shortly after getting the titles, linking to your blogs. Your title should include “#Winophiles.” Note: I’m traveling the week of the chat and would like your titles a bit earlier than normal, if possible.
- Publish your post between 12:01 a.m-8:00 a.m. EDT on Saturday, September 15th. You can always schedule your post in advance if you will be tied up that morning.
- Include links to the other #Winophiles participants in your post and a description of what the event is about. I’ll provide the HTML code that you can easily put in your initial post — which will link to people’s general blog URL — then the updated code for the permanent links to everyone’s #Winophiles posts.
- Get social! After the posts go live, please visit your fellow bloggers’ posts to comment and share. We have a Facebook group for participating bloggers to connect and share, too. If you need an invitation please let me know.
- Sponsored posts are OK if clearly disclosed. Please be sure to disclose if your post is sponsored or if you are describing wine or other products for which you have received a free sample.
October: Rhône Valley (part 2) – Hosted by Michelle Williams
November: Crémant Wines from France
December: Luxury Wines from France (tentative)
One thought on “Cahors, The Original Malbec”
Great! We’re doing our dinner on M Sept 10 so will get the title to you ASAP!