The French Winophiles have brought readers to every corner of France to experience the wine, food, culture, and travel of some of the world’s most esteemed growing regions. This month we revisit one of the classics, Alsace, with a lens on Crémant d’Alsace.
This sparkling wine is widely enjoyed across the country and the world, second in consumption only to Champagne. In fact, it’s made in the same time-honored and laborious process as Champagne, but with fruit from the fine vineyards of Alsace, made by the hands of the experienced vignerons and winemakers of this storied spot.
I’m excited by the ideas presented by our authors this month, with plenty of summer dining and entertaining suggestions from some of today’s most respected wine and food bloggers. You’re invited to join in for a live Twitter chat with the Winophiles and representatives from Alsace, to discuss the themes of their articles as well as overall history and specifications of one of the best bubbly wines on the market. Find the hashtag #Winophiles at 10am central on Saturday June 18, 2022. Say hello, share your thoughts on ask a question. Here’s the lineup:
- Cremant Wine Battered Perch; Michigan and French Classics Collide on A Day in the Somm’s Table/SommsTable.comLife on the Farm
- A Thai Green Curry Lesson + Willm Crémant d’Alsace Brut Rosé on Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Crémant d’Alsace: An Elegant Sparkling Wine from France on Grape Experiences
- Crémant d’Alsace – Exploring the Nuances of France’s 2nd Favorite Sparkling Wine #Winophiles on Crushed Grape Chronicles
- Crémant d’Alsace: A Candidate for Your House Bubbly on Food Wine Click!
- Crémant d’Alsace Paired with Summer Fish Menus on Always Ravenous
- Crab Crêpes Compliment Crémant d’Alsace for Summer #Winophiles on Wine Predator
- Cheese Hour at the Culinary Cabin with Pierre Sparr Crémant d’Alsace Brut Reserve on Somm’s Table
- Porch Sipper of the Year: Crémant d’Alsace on Keep the Peas
- Crispy Fishwich + an Organic Cremant d’Alsace from Charles Bauer on Wineivore
- Try This Traditional French Sparkler For Modern Drinkers on l’occasion
- Baumann-Zirgel Crémant d’Alsace – Your New Champagne Alternative on Wining with Mel
Many of us received samples and support from Wines of Alsace. We are grateful for the support!