January brings fresh winds filled with ideas, dreams, motivations, and creativity. Our Wine Pairing Weekend (#WinePW) group latches on to this transition to honor winemakers, grape growers, and wine industry pros in Sonoma County, California. We’re calling it #SonomaStrong to raise awareness of fire relief efforts throughout Sonoma. Groups such as Sonoma Valley Rotary Foundation, have led the way with this hashtag, and we use the spirit of giving, community, and collaboration to guide our posts and collective voices.
Our posts will feature Sonoma wines, paired with some of our favorite dishes. We’ll uncover stories, history, current events, travel ideas, and opportunities to help reveal Sonoma and let readers know how they can help, simply by purchasing wine or visiting wine country. Reliable conduits for donations will also be shared, as many of our writers are part of the local community in Sonoma.
Posts will go live before January 14th, when our writers will connect on Twitter at 10am central for a chat – please consider joining us for this event to collect ideas and inspiration!
Wine Blogger? HOW TO JOIN US:
- Contact me to tell me you’re in: Include blog URL, Twitter handle, and any other social media details. If you know your blog post title, include that…but you can also send that a bit closer to the event. We’d just like to get a sense of who’s participating and give some shout-outs and links as we go. Email, FB outreach or a message here will work.
- Prepare a dish to pair with your chosen Sonoma wines. Write up your experience and get ready to post and share. But don’t post it yet!
- Choose a reputable fire relief resource to share with readers in order to promote #SonomaStrong awareness.
- Send your post title to me by Wednesday, January 11th to be included in the preview post. I will prepare a preview post shortly after getting the titles, linking to your blogs. Your title should include “#WinePW.”
- Publish your post between 12:01 a.m-8:00 a.m. EDT on Saturday, January 14th. You can always schedule your post in advance if you will be tied up that morning.
- Include links to the other #WinePW participants in your post and a description of what the event is about. I’ll provide the HTML code that you can easily put in your initial post — which will link to people’s general blog url — then the updated code for the permanent links to everyone’s #winePW posts.
- Get social! After the posts go live, please visit your fellow bloggers’ posts to comment and share. We have a Facebook group for participating bloggers to connect and share, too. (If you aren’t a part of this and want to be included, please mention that when you contact me.)
- Sponsored posts are OK if clearly disclosed. Please be sure to disclose if your post is sponsored or if you are describing wine or other products for which you have received a free sample.