It’s a 9+hour flight from Miami to Uruguay’s capital city, Montevideo. It’s worth it if you love wine, excellent food, natural beauty and enriching conversation.
Sure you do, right? But if a ticket to Uruguay isn’t in your airline reservation app just yet, join the Wine Pairing Weekend group as we report back. Featuring wines from around the country, we invite you to follow along for our Twitter chat on February 9, 2019 at 10am central.
I’ve recently returned from a trip to the wine regions of Uruguay, peppered with intriguing spots such as Montevideo, Garzón, Punta del Este and José Ignacio. I have tons of gorgeous photos and tasting notes to share with you and I’ll be sampling the wines of El Capricho Winery especially for the #WinePW event.
Special thanks to South America Wine Guide for this tempting look at wines of Uruguay by Amanda Barnes.
Are you a writer interested in contributing a post? Follow the directions below:
How to join us:
- Send an email to tell me you’re in: Include blog url, Twitter handle, and any other social media details. If you know your blog post title, include that…but you can also send that a bit closer to the event. We’d like to get a sense of who’s participating and give some shout-outs and links as we go. You can contact me at email@example.com.
- Prepare a dish to pair with a bottle or two from Uruguay. Write up your experience and get ready to post and share. But don’t post it yet!
- Send your post title to me by Tuesday, February 5th to be included in the preview post. I will prepare a preview post shortly after getting the titles, linking to your blogs. Your title should include “#WinePW”
- Publish your post between Friday, February 8th and 8:00 a.m. EDT on Saturday, February 9th. You can always schedule your post in advance if you will be tied up that morning.
- Include links to the other #WinePW participants in your post, and a description of what the event is about. I’ll provide the HTML code that you can easily put in your initial post — which will link to people’s general blog url — then the updated code for the permanent links to everyone’s #winePW posts.
- Get social! After the posts go live, please visit your fellow bloggers posts’ to comment and share. We have a Facebook group for participating bloggers to connect and share, too.
- Sponsored posts are OK if clearly disclosed. Please be sure to disclose if your post is sponsored or if you are describing wine or other products for which you have received a free sample.