This summer I had the cool opportunity to attend the Vins d’Alsace Millésimes Alsace DigiTasting, which was a virtual wine fair that brought together people from around the world to meet with producers in Alsace in a unique way. While this region of Eastern France has the oldest wine route in the country, and a winemaking history that dates back to the 2nd century BC, the group took an advanced approach to this event.
Last year Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins d’Alsace (Wines of Alsace Board) was forced to cancel this biannual trade event due to the pandemic. During the planning phases for the 2021 event, travel was still exceptionally limited, so a new plan was formed to go virtual. From Colmar to the world!
I covered by experience in my recent article on Forbes. Here I also provide a recommendation from each of the producers who so kindly shared samples with me. I applaud the efficiency and innovation displayed in the mini-format bottles and sleek tasting kits.
Check out the story on Forbes here: This Is The Summer To Get Familiar With Wines Of Alsace
The French Winophiles
Join our Winophiles group as we celebrate the Wines of Alsace on Saturday, July 17th at 10am central. Find us on Twitter with our hashtag #Winophiles. You’ll have access the the exceptional material prepared by these authors:
- 3 Riesling from Alsace by Wine Predator
- All About the Wines of Alsace by Vino Travels
- Alsace Wine and Cold Poached Salmon with Sauce Verte (Green Mayonnaise) by Our Good Life
- Alsace Wines’ Heart and Soul – Land Sustainability, Family Tradition and Food Compatibility by Chinese Food and Wine Pairings
- Alsace Wines Shine with Summer’s Bounty Risotto by Food Wine Click!
- Blending Innovation and Tradition with Wines of Alsace by L’Occasion
- Butternut Squash Chickpea Curry with Wine from Alsace by Cooking Chat
- Domaines Schlumberger 2018 Pinot Blanc: A Delectable Grape Mutation + Criques de Pommes de Terre by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Five Winemaking women of Alsace by My Full Wine Glass
- Once Upon a Wine in Alsace by Wining With Mel
- Shrimp Louis Sandwiches paired with an Alsace Pinot Blanc by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Food Pairings with Alsace Wines by Always Ravenous
- Wines of Alsace Bring the Wow Every Time by What’s in that Bottle?
- Women of Alsace – conversations with 4 Women on their family wineries in Alsace by Crushed Grape Chronicles
- Zind Humbrecht Pinot Blanc with a Leek & Bacon Tart by Somm’s Table